Articles & Features

About the Chronicle

Advertisers Information

Contact Us

Diana Mary Tillotson

Born at The Fielding Johnson Nursing Home Leicester on 7 November 1945. The elder child of Derek and Daphne Russell of 18 Ring Road Leicester where she grew up with her brother Richard.

 

She studied at Leicester College of Art and after a short spell at Miss Upton’s Secretarial College, became a secretary to a Leicester solicitor.

Diana married John Tillotson at St. Mary’s Church Knighton on 6 September 1968. Their first home was at 8 Merton Way Kibworth Harcourt (for five years). Needing a larger house, and more importantly for Diana, a much bigger garden, she fell in love with Weir Lodge in Kibworth Beauchamp where they lived very happily for 20 years bringing up three children: William, Matthew and Alice.

Later, the family moved to Gaulby. There Diana made three gardens including large ponds with fish. On John’s retirement they returned to Kibworth, building a house in Weir Road. Finally, they moved to Warwick House in Kibworth Harcourt.

 

Among her many talents, she loved dressmaking. She made wedding, bridesmaids and evening dresses for friends. She loved flowers and was on the Church rota.

 

The last 5 years of ill health, which cruelly robbed her of her faculties, were challenging for us all but she never complained. Mercifully, her pleasant disposition meant she remained placid, for which we are thankful.

 

Sadly she passed away on 21 October. Condolence letters referred to a ‘lovely lady’ with practical talents who was always kind, thoughtful and cheerful - one referred to her as an ‘English Rose'. We doubt whether she realised the high esteem in which she was held. She will be greatly missed by family, friends and acquaintances alike. We shall remember her with affection as she was in her prime.

 

 

John Tillotson

Issue 396
November
2017


Home  | Articles & Features | Advertisers Information About the Chronicle  |  Contact Us

International Standard Serial Number 1477 9188

Website Designed & maintained by  Jan Heaney 2010-2017